Northeast Editing, Inc., a leading provider of content for testing companies and educational publishers, has an opening for an additional full-time ELA/reading content developer. Telecommuting is available for the right individual.
- Write and edit multiple-choice, constructed-response, and technology-enhanced items that are grade-specific and closely adhere to standards;
- Write and edit commissioned reading passages;
- Select reading passages requiring permissions;
- Locate and select reading passages in the public domain;
- Hire and oversee freelance ELA reading item writers;
- Enter and appropriately code items in client content management systems;
- Write and edit lesson plans and other instructional materials for students in K-8 and beyond.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in English or related field;
- At least five years’ experience writing and editing passages and test items;
- Proficiency with Lexile and other reading-level-testing programs;
- Familiarity with the Common Core (both SBAC and PARCC);
- Outstanding computer skills and willingness to learn new technologies;
- Ability to accept and incorporate feedback from clients and senior staff;
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work as part of a team.
Established in 1992, Northeast Editing, Inc. develops digital and print content for large national and international publishers and testing companies. We maintain long-term relationships with our clients, who rely on us to produce high-quality work and appreciate our flexibility and “can-do” attitude. We offer our employees competitive salaries, great benefits, paid time off, and flexible working arrangements.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.